Bad breath, or halitosis, to give it its proper medical name, is an unpleasant condition that can make you feel self-conscious when you're around other people. Fortunately, there are simple ways to tackle this embarrassing problem, but finding the right way to ease your halitosis will depend on what's causing your breath to smell bad.
Find out about suitable treatments from Corsodyl below.
HOW TO GET RID OF HALITOSIS
The best way to tackle bad breath caused by plaque bacteria is to adopt a good oral health routine:
- The start of any good routine is twice daily brushing with a fluoride toothpaste. Choose Corsodyl Complete Protection Toothpaste for its formula containing sodium bicarbonate, which helps to physically remove the build up of plaque bacteria along the gumline. Use it every day to help keep your mouth clean and fresh.
- Gently brush your tongue too to remove any bacteria trapped on the surface.
- Use floss to remove plaque and trapped food particles from difficult to reach areas between teeth.
- Visit your dentist regularly to check on the health of your teeth and gums and for professional cleaning to remove any stubborn deposits of plaque.
MORE TIPS TO HELP TACKLE HALITOSIS
Some other types of halitosis treatment includes:
- Avoiding strong smelling foods like spices, garlic and onions and drinks such as coffee and alcohol that can temporarily make breath smell.
- Cut down on sugary food and drink as this can increase the amount of bacteria in your mouth.
- Stop smoking. Smoking and chewing tobacco makes breath smell bad and can stain teeth, so quit for fresher breath and whiter teeth.
- Drink plenty of water to help prevent your mouth becoming dry.
Halitosis can also be caused by some medical conditions, for example gastrointestinal, throat or chest infections. If this is the case then you need to seek advice from a doctor to help treat it.